Articles on Education Matters:
Getting a Convenient Online Education
The path ahead, as many studies and surveys have brought out, is taking some online courses or getting an online degree. This opportunity that has rapidly evolved in the recent years allows many of us who do not have access to university or college campus to get ahead and obtain an education. Today, more and more institutions are offering a variety of classes online and you can choose between a certificate, a diploma or a degree.
Online education opens vistas that were unavailable. It allows people to take courses in their own time while continuing with their jobs, it allows people to upgrade their existing skills, or perhaps change careers completely. Those who are unable to go back to school full time can still pursue their dreams while working and continuing to pay the bills of everyday life. Not everyone can quit a job for school as student loans are not easy to obtain and they do not cover enough of the costs associated with a quality education.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, online education is the perfect solution to your problem. You can keep your job and use your off hours to go online. Sacrificing week-ends and some of your leisure time during the week might take you to a whole new career.
Online education may also be perfect for you if you don't live in a metropolitan area. In past times students would have had to move to a city that housed a college or university. This was just about impossible if your spouse had a great job and your kids were in school. Unfortunately in these situations the education had to be put on hold. This is no longer true as you can log on and work toward that degree without even leaving your house.
The modus operandi for most of the online education courses is that you sign up with whatever institution you would like to, irrespective of physical location and then start taking classes online. Additionally, all material that you may require is sent to your home by the institute. Depending on the course layout, most of the course work is completed at home while you may need to take the final exam at a convenient location.
A fact to be considered is that online courses are NOT easier than classes taken in a traditional classroom setting. Therefore, before you embark on this path, you should think about how much time you will be able to spare for your homework. These courses take as long and as much effort as a regular course.
Generally speaking, the schools will tell you how much time you'll need for study when you sign up for online classes. Before you enroll, be sure you have that amount of time to devote to your studies. In fact, it may even take you longer than the estimated minimum. Another important factor is self-discipline. If you procrastinate when you're an online student, you could quickly lose control of your time and endanger your grades and learning.
If you are good at managing your time, an online education should be easy for you. Many classes offer advisors that you can email if you are having problems or have any questions. If you are unsure if an online education is for you, maybe try one of two classes before signing up for a degree program. If you find that you can finish the work in a timely manner, you could have that degree and new career you've always wanted in no time.
23 Dec 2006
About the author: Emma Fernton is the chief editor for FRW Education, a fantastic website to visit if you're looking for accurate up to date advice and discussion about Education. For further information on Education please visit: http://www.frweducation.com/articles You can swap links with us by going to: http://www.frweducation.com/links
Copyright © 2006 - 2007 Tons Of Matters.com. All rights reserved.
Tons of Matters.com
If you matter, then we matter!
Golden Rules for Brain-Based Learning
Brain-based learning is a dynamic multi-disciplinary appraoch to enhance learning with the understanding of how the brain is naturally designed to learn. This method supports nurturing a love for learning that can help bring out the genius in your child.
Here are 10 golden principles of brain-based learning:
1. A lifelong love for learning starts from young - expose your child to a wealth of information, which will provide the background for faster processing later. Remember to encourage the continual use of learnt information to maintain and enrich neuron connections.
2. Engage all senses - The brain learns best when it is fed a rich repertoire of stimuli. Maximise use of sight, touch, smell, listening and taste as inlets into the brain when teaching.
3. Novelty for brain's sake - Learning becomes more effective and the memory of that learning becomes more cemented if the information is taught in a novel way. Constantly renew your appraoch by changing locations, dressing up in costumes related to the subject and using different media.
4. Mind-body connection - Always include movement or exercise with learning to harness the benefit of kinaesthetic learning and the power of procedural memory.
5. Meaningful learning - The brain is designed to seek meaning in all learning. help your child learn to create meaning for themselves and uncover the genius within. Make learning meaningful with plenty of hands-on activities and link it to life's experience.
6. Emotions put learning in motion - Emotions drive attention, attention drives learning . Emotions bring on enhanced meaning and patterning as well as creating an atmosphere harmonious to natural learning. Use positive emotions and feedback for meaningful learning and deep-seated memory.
7. Stress and motivation - Good stress motivates and allows your child to achieve greater heights. Bad stress must be recognised and removed as it harms the child's learning and may even cause neuronal damage. Motivate your child using a holistic approach and not rely heavily on rewards or punishment.
8. Respect the individual and their unique brain - Each brain has its unique pace of development. Provide for preferences in learning environment and learning style while encouraging acceptance of other ways, such as at school.
9. Nutrition, hydration and rest - Good nuitrition provides fuel for building a healthy brain and ensures maximum efficiency in brain function. Adequate hydration contributes to peak physical and mental performance. Ensure adequate sleep to facilitate memory storage and retention.
10. Learning takes time - If information is not processed in several ways, strong neuron connections are not made and learning is not fortified. There is no substitute for solid learning that allows time to meld the social and physiological aspects of learning in the brain.
01 Feb 2007
Tips For Getting Online Degree
In this age of digital technology, more people are turning to the internet to obtain a college education. Now, it's easier than ever to get an online degree from one of many internet colleges and schools offering distance education. While online learning isn't for everyone, it's certainly a convenient and flexible way of furthering your education and obtaining accredited degrees from one of many leading universities. Whether you take a few courses or an entire distance learning program, the following tips will help you in your search to get an online degree in whatever course of study you wish to pursue.
For busy students who are juggling work, school and a home life, obtaining an online degree through a distance education program fits into their hectic schedule. An important thing to remember when studying online is to take programs through an accredited college. Provided you receive accredited degrees, your hard work will be recognized at any major university and prospective employer in the workforce. What's more, receiving an online degree will still garner the same respect as if you had earned the degree through traditional means. Because so many programs are offered via distance learning, you're almost guaranteed to find an academic program that interests you.
With a little research, it is fairly simple to determine the quality of an online degree program. In addition to making sure that the program is accredited, it is also important to use common sense. If the program is offering a deal that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Additionally, you can use Google or another search engine to search for third party reviews or testimonials about a program. These tools can help you find an online program which meets your standards and will help you obtain your goals.
While acquiring an online degree is definitely a convenient, flexible way of getting a college education, it's important to remember that distance learning isn't right for every student. In order to be truly successful in receiving accredited degrees, students must have a very high sense of discipline in order to get the work done. Not only that, but they must also be extremely self-motivated to achieve success through online learning. Because you won't have teachers breathing down your back to complete your work on time, you must work diligently and efficiently as if you were attending college in a traditional classroom setting.
Provided you do extensive research beforehand, you should be able to ascertain whether the college you're interested in pursuing offers accredited degrees and what course of study you'd like to take. When trying to get an online degree, remember that choosing a program of study you enjoy will almost certainly lead to success. Granted, you are not going to like every class you take. When you choose an educational program that you enjoy however, you are more likely to complete the work in a timely matter and devote your full attention to the tasks at hand.
Online learning is definitely becoming increasingly popular as the years progress, and offers students a chance to enhance their education at a pace that works best for them. Getting an online degree is really no different than receiving accredited degrees from any leading brick and mortar institution, but it does take a certain amount of discipline to achieve the results that will lead to success. If you feel online learning is right for you, it's important to do as much research as possible before you commit to any course of academic study. Once you've realized that distance education is a viable option for you, apply yourself to the program and you'll have an online degree in no time.
27 Mar 2007
Harris Jhosta is holding the market experience of IT industry and immense business solutions for about 2 decades now. Harris has also been involved in providing educational services in form of various seminars and lectures, in many well renowned universties.