Articles on New Year Matters:
The "7-Ups" For The New Year
No - this has nothing to do with toasting the New Year with a soft drink. It has everything to do with attitudes and actions that help each of us live out the abundant life Jesus promises us. The 7-Ups are a good set of resolutions that the Holy Spirit can help us live by so that we maximise the potential of every moment:-
1. Wake up - Begin each day with the Lord. Decide to have a good day - rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24).
2. Dress Up - Put on a smile. It improves your looks and says something about your attitude.
3. Shut Up - Watch your tongue (Proverbs 13:3). Don't gossip; avoid men who talk too much (Proverbs 20:19). Say nice things that build others up. Learn to listen - to the needs of others as well as their godly counsel (Proverbs 19:20).
4. Stand Up - For what you believe in so you will not fall for anything. Resist evil; do good. Remember the Golden Rule, "Do for others as you would like them to do unto you" (Luke 6:31).
5. Look Up - To the Lord. After all, He is your Saviour and Helper.
6. Reach Up - For something higher, bigger than you. Align with God, and flow with His Spirit. With God, we can dream big and work to make them become realities.
7. Lift Up - Your petitions to the Lord (Philippians 4:6). Also, offer your life as God's channel of blessing; be available to help those in need - serving, supporting and sharing.
Determine to live by the 7-Ups everyday, and you will discover and enjoy the richest blessings that are yours in Christ! Blessed New Year, everyone!
With love & prayers,
Pastors, Deacons & Staff of Elim Church
31 Dec 2006
This article is an abstract of the weekly bulletin message from Elim Church Singapore.
Copyright © 2006 - 2007 Tons Of Matters.com. All rights reserved.
If you matter, then we matter!
Tons of Matters.com
Wrtie Down Your Goals
I don't know what type of goals and resolutions you've got planned this year, but I do hope that no matter what you have on your list of things to accomplish, that you do this ONE thing...
WRITE IT DOWN (and be specific)
Write down all the things you want to achieve this year. Be very specific, don't be general.
For example, if you want to lose weight, then write down specifically HOW MUCH weight you are
going to lose.
If you want to make more mo.ney, then write down HOW you are going to make mon.ey and how much you're going to make on a weekly, monthly, or annual basis.
Be specific. Write it down and post it everywhere you know you will look during the day. If you work at an office, then post your list of goals by your computer monitor and read your list often.
If you are at home, tape it to your bathroom mirror, put one by your home office computer monitor, and even on the dashboard of your vehicle. Look at this list often...very often.
The more often you are THINKING about your list of things to accomplish, the more you will attract those things toward you.
Remember, "what you think about you bring about."
I wish upon you much success this year, and know that if you put a list of things together along with an action plan, you will succeed.
Happy New Year 2007!!!